Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Off the Bookshelf

I’ve had this book for a while now, and I skimmed through it when I first got it, but didn’t finish.

shepardingchildsheart

Now I am really taking the time to read it and absorb it.  It is my purpose to reach the hearts of my children.  I don’t want to just raise children that look good on the outside, know how to “act” the right way in certain situations, but in there hearts they are far from God.

In Chapter 1 Tripp references the scripture in Matthew 15 saying “Jesus denounces the Pharisees who have honored him with their lips while their hearts were far from him.  Jesus censures them as people who wash the outside of the cup while the inside is still unclean. Yet this is what we often do in childrearing.”  I know this has been true of me at times, when I just want my children to behave so that I look good (or don’t look bad as the case may be).

So far I am really enjoying this book and looking forward to gaining more wisdom from it.  I hope to give a further review when I am finished!

Have you read this book?  What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted about this book. It sounds wonderful and I'm going to pick up a copy. All I've read is those "What to Expect" books. I think this will help and guide me WAY more.

    ReplyDelete